Have you ever considered installing two faucets in one sink? Well, if you haven’t, we are here to change your mind.
Suppose two people have to get ready in the morning. So it is undeniable that you will get in each other’s way while getting ready, especially when you both have different preferences like hot and cold water.
Additionally, it has become a space-saving option. This is why it is better to install two faucets in one sink.
No plumbing rule will keep one from getting a single drain servicing in two bathroom faucets. There is no other reason that should keep you from doing this in your bathroom.
Table of Contents
Why does my sink have two faucets?
There could be plenty of reasons why your sink has two faucets. What you have to do is to look under the sink to determine the cause. So here are our reasons why your sink two faucets.
- The first reason is that it can be an instant hot water faucet. Usually, below the sink, there will be a tank that has a cord running to it. It can be from a junction or an outlet if this is the reason. Then the unit will bring hot water immediately when turned on. You won’t have to wait for the water to come from the hot water tank.
- There could be a small faucet for drinking water. Generally, below the sink, there will be a filter that will connect to the freshwater body. Then the faucet, which will have 90-degree shutoffs, can be changed once in a while. It will be semi-plastic and transparent.
What is a trough sink?
A trough sink is a type of sink that is an efficient and modern basin for the bathroom. Not everybody is familiar with modern, high-end sinks. These are larger sink basin which can accommodate more than two wash station. For this reason, you can have two or more faucets in one sink.
These types of the sink are a good choice for smaller bathrooms. They are very attractive and helpful as well. That is why this is going viral at present.
In early times these sinks were made out of cast iron with a layer of enamel. Nowadays, they have become more sophisticated, and the demand has grown for them.
Can you put a one-hole faucet in a three holes sink?
Yes, you definitely can. You might have some problems without a proper guide. So here is our guide to turning a three-hole faucet into one hole.
- First, you have to get a deck plate. A deck plate is a kind of container that will cover two of the holes. But it will leave the center hole open. This will work for both kitchens and bathrooms.
- The second option is to get hole covers. You will need two hole-covers to cover two holes, and you can leave the middle one open.
- In the third option, you can change the stone or top of your vanity. It is pretty expensive, but it will be the next option if the deck plate didn’t work.
- As the last option was not good for your kitchen, you can get a soap dispenser to cover up the hole.
Which is better? One or two-handle faucets?
There is no correct answer to that. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. Here we will discuss them shortly.
- Two Handle Faucets: This option is better to control your water preferences. When you leak one faucet, you can simply turn off the leaked one and still use water from the other one.
- One Handle Faucets: People who live in weather that stays the same all year don’t need both hot and cold water. The reason it is popular is that it perfectly goes with any basins, whether small or big. And it only requires one hole to be cut.
Why do some kitchen sinks have two faucets?
There could be mainly two reasons that your kitchen has two faucets.
- The work of a stationary faucet is to provide you fresh drinking water. At that point, the fixture which will have 90-degree shutoffs can be changed now and again. It will be semi-plastic and straightforward.
- The other is designed for providing you hot water. It very well may be from an intersection or an outlet if this is the explanation. At that point, the unit will bring heated water promptly when turned on.
Can you run two sinks in one drain?
Yes, you can. It will take a lot of work because you have to replace your existing sanitary tee with a double sanitary tee.
The sanitary tee usually remains inside the wall. Usually, the double tee is used for adjoining bathrooms. But in this case, you will have to install the tee making it parallel with the wall instead of perpendicular.
You will also need a 90-degree elbow to attach another pipe of PVC after extending each side of the tee. After that, it will come out of the wall, and then you will be able to attach a trap adapter for each sink. This is how you will be able to run two sinks in one drain.
Can you replace a single sink vanity with a double sink?
Yes, you can, and your daily activities will be more manageable if you do so because double sink vanity will allow two persons to get ready simultaneously in the morning. It will omit all the unnecessary fuss. It also can be instrumental in homes with one bathroom only.
Frequently Asked Questions
Two faucets in one sink are handy. But, you need to know how to utilize these faucets perfectly. It can undoubtedly aid a fast-paced lifestyle, also if you are a dorm dweller. Even people are now switching to three faucets in one sink to get greater effectivity.